KZN - Presentation guidelines
Speakers are required to make their information available via the Zoom Events platform . This will ensure that virtual and physical participants can access the full programme with relevant speaker information easily.
One of the primary purposes of the DH-IGNITE Regional Events is to raise awareness of the work in and around Digital Humanities and Computational Social Sciences. We also want to ensure that participants have ample opportunity for discussion, connection, and collaboration. For this goal to be met, we would like to invite participants to submit a poster providing information regarding digital and/or computational aspects of their research or intended research.
Participants can submit posters demonstrating their current research and where they think digital or computational approaches could be incorporated or where it has already been incorporated. Participants could also submit posters detailing current DH or CSS activities or showcasing resources or training opportunities offered at their institutions.
We look forward to receiving your poster!
Some general guidelines:
- Include a title that is no longer than 15 words;
- Include the name(s), affiliation(s) and email address(es) of the author(s);
- Text on the poster should not exceed 800 words (excluding the title and references);
- Effective use of graphs and images is encouraged;
- The poster should be in (A3) portrait format;
- You should indicate how aspects of digital or computational aspects are already or could possibly be part of your work, what DH or CSS activities are ongoing or planned at your institution, or what resources and/or training opportunities are available at your institution or within your community of practice;
- Include any citations or acknowledgements if you make use of or quote them in the poster;
- Posters will be submitted in digital format (no printing required);
- Poster submissions could be accompanied by a short (no more than 5 minutes) recording.
Posters: Important dates:
- Poster application opening: 29 July 2022
- Poster application closing: 15 September 2022
- Applications outcomes communicated: 23 September 2022
- Final confirmation: 30 September 2022
- Final date for submitting posters and recordings: 14 October 2022
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.